The Legal bit

All rights reserved by the writer of this blog as recipes printed here are either devised and adapted by the writer or reproduced by kind permission of friends or family and cannot be reproduced without the expressed written permission of the writer. All Photographs are not to be reproduced anywhere without written permission from the owner.

Recipe links are provided for recipes that have been found elsewhere on the WWW and it would be appreciated for others people to do the same and give recognition to the author of recipes.

14/03/2010

Sewing Machines

Another perk has been that I seem to collect sewing machines. I didn’t set out to collect them, and I’ve never bought one. They just seemed to arrive for one reason or another over the years. I have five altogether.

The first one is an old hand machine weighs a ton but handy to teach children how to control a machine. The second is an old electric machine used as a progression from the hand controlled machine and like the hand controlled machine does simple stitching forwards and backwards.

My third machine is another electric machine but does a lot from straight stitching to button holes zigzags and fancy embroidery, a well appreciated 21st birthday present so a few years old, just a few.

The forth is my pride and joy, a 1930s singer treadle machine in an old oak cabinet when using it I still get a fascination and a certain relaxing thrill from the hum of the smooth actions.

Finally I have an over locker the newest machine I own which is from the early 1990s given to me recently as I started to sew more again.