The Legal bit

All rights reserved by the writer of this blog as recipes printed here are either devised and adapted by the writer or reproduced by kind permission of friends or family and cannot be reproduced without the expressed written permission of the writer. All Photographs are not to be reproduced anywhere without written permission from the owner.

Recipe links are provided for recipes that have been found elsewhere on the WWW and it would be appreciated for others people to do the same and give recognition to the author of recipes.

11/03/2010

A bit more about this blog


This isn’t a ‘living on benefits’ blog but certainly about living on a very low income. It isn’t just a cooking blog either, although cooking will probably take centre stage.


Gardening and sewing have played some parts of my being able to get through this time but don’t dismiss the gardening if you live in a place with very little access to outside space. Flats have windowsills to be able to grow herbs and tomatoes, and a small veranda or steps can be used to grow vegetable and fruit in pots.

I had been married for over 20 years with a family and had 2 professional salaries coming into the household, a secure life. Then suddenly 3 years ago I found myself a single mother and due to ill health, unable to work. Suddenly I was on a very low income, even with disability assistance, with a very small amount to spend on food and the house, and my pensions will not kick in for a few years yet.

I don't want it to be about my problems, I would like it to be a more uplifting piece of writing. A case of how I am overcoming some of the problems I face. So please don’t think ‘it’s alright for her she hasn’t got the problem of…’ I may well have.

Now a couple of years down the line for me I though some people might be interested in how I am managing to cope.